After ranting and raving about Oreo’s activity recently it pains me to say this but Oreo you have let yourself slip. For a second I wish I had found this earlier but then it just goes to show that perfection is hard to come by these days.
The correct definition of a Flash mob, thanks to the good old wiki = a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, to perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression.
How bad was that, it doesn’t even come close to relating to the wiki definition.
- Was it assembled suddenly = shame someone must have been stuck on the loo
- In a Public place = Does colleagues and close relatives count?
- Performed an unusual and seemingly pointless act = lets agree to disagree
- Then disperse = I’ve seen pregnant hippo’s move quicker than that, fact.
- Was it entertaining? = must have been because they even clapped themselves off.
- Was it artistic? = No, autistic kids have better creative juices, true story.
That is by far the most pathetic excuse for a flash mob I have ever seen, EVER.
What the hell were they thinking? It just doesn’t make sense, did someone actually stand up in the middle of the board meeting and say let’s go ahead and utterly fuck up the brand’s rep which the ATL agency has worked hard to achieve tirelessly for the past 6 (or more) months .
And do you want to know what the worst part is? They did that show SEVEN more times at various locations around the US. Sad.
Oreo now please tell us that you have learnt your lesson and next time please don’t go venture into the burb’s local gyms and simply raid all the aerobics classes of their cheerleading wannabe’ house wives? It simply just does NOT work. FULL STOP
PS: Hippos have been known to reach speeds of up to 30 mph. Google it if you don’t freaking believe me.